The Detroit Land Bank Authority is an equal opportunity employer. No applicant shall be discriminated against on the basis of race, religion, color, age, gender, national origin, disability, or other criteria prohibited by the City, State or Federal law.
To qualify for a job, an applicant must meet the education, training, experience and any applicable license or certificate requirement for the job position. It is the applicant’s responsibility to provide acceptable proof of their work record and history.
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY
The Inventory Program Coordinator is responsible for overseeing Detroit Land Bank Authority’s (DLBA) inventory of residential properties; ensuring that all services related to each property has been conducted and completed according to the policies and procedures of the company and government; and analyzing and verifying all documents related to ownership of incoming inventory (property and side lots). The position will work closely with the Inventory Manager to resolve problems related to those documents (ownership).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Triage and manage the resolution of any urgent website issues
- Prepare and list properties for sale on the buildingdetroit.org website, including writing and creating the listings
- Select and prepare properties for sale through the auction or direct sale programs
- Assist in coordination of events and programs between the auction and Public Affairs teams
- Assess a high volume of properties for disposition programs or demolition
- Coordinate exterior (snow & lawn) maintenance of auction properties with external contractors
- Manage projects pertaining to DLBA properties
- Prepare internal and external reports pertaining to project statuses
- Prepare and interpret goals and objectives for the work area in order to resolve problems, make recommendations for changes in instructions and/or guidelines, and ensure the adequacy of work
- Monitor DLBA inventory and manage the security and stabilization of deteriorated properties
- Coordinate city inspections of properties and assist with the quality control of DLBA property management contractors
- Assist in managing departmental data (data entry, reporting)
- Assist in assessing inventory and front-loading the auction and direct sales programs
- Assist Inventory Manager with special projects as needed
- Perform other related duties as assigned by Inventory Manager
QUALIFICATIONS (Knowledge, Experience, Skills and Abilities)
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, project management, urban planning, or real estate or related field
- At least three (3) years’ experience in administrative positions
- Real Estate background, and familiarity with construction methods and building codes
- Strong ability to multi-task, prioritize multiple projects simultaneously and work under tight deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills, with a sound grasp of English grammar and composition
- Ability to understand and carry out the terms and conditions of contractual agreements
- Ability to maintain records and prepare reports and correspondence related to the work
- A self-starter with the ability to handle multiple projects at any given time
- Proficient in MS Office Suite of products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook)
- Possession of valid Michigan driver’s license
- Ability to travel to multiple sites throughout Detroit using personal vehicle
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand or sit with occasional lifting of materials up to 25 lbs. The employee is required to use hands to input, view and retrieve data from computers. The employee is required to do a great deal of local traveling to properties within the city of Detroit (10%); throughout the year. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.