The Detroit Land Bank Authority is an equal opportunity employer. No applicant shall be discriminated against on the basis of race, religion, color, age, gender, national origin, disability, or other criteria prohibited by the City, State or Federal law.
To qualify for a job, an applicant must meet the education, training, experience and any applicable license or certificate requirement for the job position. It is the applicant’s responsibility to provide acceptable proof of their work record and history.
The Occupied Non-Profit and For-Profit Project Manager reports directly to the Occupied Properties Program Manager-Dispositions Department and is responsible for implementing, managing, and facilitating the disposition of property through the Occupied Non-Profit Program and Occupied For-Profit Program (“Programs”).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage relationships with Program Partners and DLBA Departments.
- Builds and maintains relationships with community partners, for-profit partners, and other organizations.
- Interface with stakeholders on a consistent basis.
- Works closely with the Inventory Department to identify DLBA properties that fit in the Program Agreement for conveyance.
- Works closely with the other Disposition Teams to make sure Temporary License Agreements, Purchase Agreements, and Closing Documents are properly executed.
- Works with the Compliance Division to ensure that thresholds are properly met.
- Manage and maintain activities related to the Programs, reporting, and compliance.
- Manage projects, from application intake and review to transaction processing.
- Develop a Salesforce implementation strategy for the Programs.
- Monitor progress of all projects to ensure compliance consistent with Agreement Terms.
- Ensure project goals and objectives are achieved by appropriately tracking and reporting data using Salesforce.
- Provide reporting metrics for the Programs.
- Identify and resolve issues and problems related to the Programs.
- Coordinate closings on transactions and other projects.
- Develop strategies to increase the disposition of DLBA owned properties and identify development opportunities.
- Ensure compliance with all DLBA procedures and guidelines.
- Provides recommendations to the Program Manager for process improvement and serves as the Project Manager for Salesforce enhancements affecting the Programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Occupied Properties Program Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS: (knowledge, experience, skills, abilities)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Urban Planning, Public Administration, Community Development or other closely related field.
- At least two (2) years of experience in economic development, real estate, project management, tax incentives, planning, public administration, or other related professions.
- Ability to collaborate with various internal and external business partners to deliver outstanding customer service and build effective partnerships.
- High level of customer service orientation.
- Ability to work well in a fast paced and demanding environment.
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written, and grammar skills.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite.
The Sales and Programs Manager will manage and facilitate the disposition of property through various Detroit Land Bank Authority programs, including, but not limited to, Auctions, Own it Now, direct sales, side lots and Your Neighborhood, Your Lot (YNYL).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the Sales and Programs team to ensure productivity, accuracy, and output (meeting and exceeding targeted metrics)
- Streamline processes to increase efficiencies within each program
- Review program policies and provide constructive updates to improve the various programs
- Identify and implement best sales practices to increase sales numbers
- Develop new initiatives and upgrade existing programs to support the strategic direction of the organization
- Using internal and external, develop strategies to increase the disposition of DLBA owned residential structures and side lots
- Develop marketing strategies to attract more buyers to the website and ultimately increase monthly sales activity
- Interface with applicants on a consistent basis to advance their applications through the process
- Troubleshoot issues of concerned prospective buyers
- Identify creative ways to keep prospective buyers informed of the step-by-step process of buying a DLBA home
- Maintain consistent coordination with other divisions that contribute to the sales process
- Facilitate a smooth transition of the prospective buyer from Sales and Programs to the Closing team
- Develop and implement long-term goals and objectives to achieve the successful outcome of the program
- Ensure the accurate Salesforce tracking and reporting of any and all information gathered throughout the process
- Operate within the annual operating budget set by the Department Director
- Develop a program evaluation framework to assess the strengths of the program and to identify areas for improvement
- Monitor the program activities on a regular basis and conduct an annual evaluation according to the program evaluation framework
- Report evaluation findings to the Director and recommend changes to enhance the program, as appropriate SUPERVISORY
- Manages the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of Sales and Programs within the Disposition department. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, planning, assigning, directing work and providing input and feedback, rewarding and disciplining employees, performance reviews, and addressing complaints and resolving problems. Implement the human resources policies, procedures and practices. Provide leadership in strengthening internal communications with staff at all levels throughout the organization; create and promote a positive and supportive work environment.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience
- At least three (3) years of experience in program management, other management or non-profit administration
- In depth knowledge of Detroit communities and respect for diverse cultures/lifestyles
- Experience with real estate valuation, prospecting and marketing residential and commercial properties
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with outside organizations and stakeholders
- Ability to work independently following guidelines, organize time effectively and set work priorities
- Ability to work well in a fast paced and demanding environment
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written, and grammar skills
- Excellent time management skills, ability to multitask, and attention to detail is required
- High level of customer service orientation
- Skilled in tracking information and providing reports on results
- Ability to foster teamwork and build relationships, both internally and externally, to achieve goals
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems
- Proficient in the use of computers and software (i.e., Microsoft Office Suite-Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) Other Duties
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.