The Detroit Land Bank Authority is an equal opportunity employer. No applicant shall be discriminated against on the basis of race, religion, color, age, gender, national origin, disability, or other criteria prohibited by the City, State or Federal law.
To qualify for a job, an applicant must meet the education, training, experience and any applicable license or certificate requirement for the job position. It is the applicant’s responsibility to provide acceptable proof of their work record and history.
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY
The Property Rehab Compliance Representative 1 (PRCR1) is responsible for enforcing sales and court ordered agreements (for renovation or demolition) signed by individuals and organizations purchasing property from the Detroit Land Bank Authority (DLBA). PRCRs provide support during the rehabilitation timeframe for applicable programs. These programs include but are not limited to homes purchased through the Auction, Own-It-Now and Community Partners programs. It also includes homes the DLBA has initiated legal action against through its Nuisance Abatement Program (NAP). PRCRs monitor, advise and coach property owners (POs) from closing through completion, and track progress via the DLBA’s Salesforce database.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor property owners to ensure they are making progress on their renovation
- Draft and send warning and extension letters to owners
- Review updates (photos, documents, permits, etc.) received from POs
- Track statuses of properties utilizing a customized Salesforce report
- Make regular contact with POs by phone, email and office visits
- Maintain no more than 35% non-compliant properties
- Order investigator photos, and conduct site visits as needed and appropriate
- Collaborate regularly with NAP attorneys to discuss how to move properties forward
- Collaborate regularly with Compliance Managers on problematic and difficult properties
- Recommend properties for court action and potential reconveyance
- Recommend properties for closing (Compliance Achieved)
- Advise POs of City’s permitting and inspection process via BSEED and the DHDC
- Refer POs to financial programs, discounted products, contractor lists, & other resources
- Inform POs about resources and proper remediation for hazardous materials at property
- Be responsive to internal and external inquiries about properties
- Complete special projects as assigned
- Assist with any other duties necessary or assigned
QUALIFICATIONS (Knowledge, Experience, Skills and Abilities)
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations
- Strong Interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to learn databases, reporting features, and other technological tools
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Reliable transportation
- Ability to speak Spanish and/or Arabic
- Ability to type over 50 words per minute
- At least one (1) years’ experience in residential building inspection, project management, construction, architecture, real estate planning, real estate law or related field
- Familiarity with State and local Residential Building Codes, a plus
- Certification as a State of Michigan Lead Abatement Supervisor, Lead Inspector and/or Lead Risk Assessor
- Accreditation as a State of Michigan Asbestos Inspector and/or Supervisor
- LEED certification and/or familiarity with Green-Star, Home Performance with Energy-Star and/or other similar residential green building standards a plus
- Detroit residency, preferred
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The Occupied Non-Profit and For-Profit Project Manager reports directly to the Occupied Properties Program Manager-Dispositions Department and is responsible for implementing, managing, and facilitating the disposition of property through the Occupied Non-Profit Program and Occupied For-Profit Program (“Programs”).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Manage relationships with Program Partners and DLBA Departments.
- Builds and maintains relationships with community partners, for-profit partners, and other organizations.
- Interface with stakeholders on a consistent basis.
- Works closely with the Inventory Department to identify DLBA properties that fit in the Program Agreement for conveyance.
- Works closely with the other Disposition Teams to make sure Temporary License Agreements, Purchase Agreements, and Closing Documents are properly executed.
- Works with the Compliance Division to ensure that thresholds are properly met.
Manage and maintain activities related to the Programs, reporting, and compliance.
- Manage projects, from application intake and review to transaction processing.
- Develop a Salesforce implementation strategy for the Programs.
- Monitor progress of all projects to ensure compliance consistent with Agreement Terms.
- Ensure project goals and objectives are achieved by appropriately tracking and reporting data using Salesforce.
- Provide reporting metrics for the Programs.
- Identify and resolve issues and problems related to the Programs.
- Coordinate closings on transactions and other projects.
- Develop strategies to increase the disposition of DLBA owned properties and identify development opportunities.
- Ensure compliance with all DLBA procedures and guidelines.
- Provides recommendations to the Program Manager for process improvement and serves as the Project Manager for Salesforce enhancements affecting the Programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Occupied Properties Program Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS: (knowledge, experience, skills, abilities)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Urban Planning, Public Administration, Community Development or other closely related field.
- At least two (2) years of experience in economic development, real estate, project management, tax incentives, planning, public administration, or other related professions.
- Ability to collaborate with various internal and external business partners to deliver outstanding customer service and build effective partnerships.
- High level of customer service orientation.
- Ability to work well in a fast paced and demanding environment.
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written, and grammar skills.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite.